The MAIN in Santa Clarita is seeking entries for its upcoming 8-week online Theatre Festival that will feature plays within the theme of Social Media. Theatre companies and individuals from different cities, states, and countries are encouraged to submit entries, there are no restrictions in location.
• Email your submission on or before July 14, 2020 at 7:00pm to email@example.com
• July 17th: Play selection
• Cast/Crew list with bios and headshots due 2 weeks before your performance date.
• Performance at 7:00pm on one of these Friday nights: August 28; September 4, 11, 18, 25; October 2, 9, 16.
The MAIN is seeking play submissions for the upcoming Stage on Screen Theatre Festival performing August 25, 2020 – October 16, 2020. We encourage modern plays about social media as well as classic plays that can be reinterpreted and designed to fit within this relevant theme. We are open to unique artistic conceptual changes that are available within the public domain or granted with permission from the publisher.
If your play is chosen to participate in the festival, we will purchase the licensing rights for you! You are responsible for your own rehearsal schedule and finding your own cast and crew. We recommend about 2-3 weeks of rehearsals, not including tech. Your show will perform once, LIVE over Zoom, on one of these Friday nights (August 28; September 4, 11, 18, 25; October 2, 9, 16).
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; it must include the following:
• Title and author of play
• Brief synopsis of play and how it pertains to the theme of social media
• Company/individual’s name and where you are located
• Director’s resume
• Concept for your production over the online Zoom format
• Technical needs
• Your top 3 preferences of performance dates
• This project is open to all artists, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical or mental disability. Artist teams are eligible to apply, including teams of artists from multiple disciplines.
• Theatre companies and individuals from different cities, states, and countries are encouraged to submit entries.
• Your production must be a full-length one-act or two-act play that fits within the theme of social media.
• Please view the “Online Performance Guidelines” for more information. *Located as a post in the ‘Discussion’ tab of the CALL FOR ENTRIES Facebook event page.
Please ALSO view the “Online Performance Guidelines” located as a post in the ‘Discussion’ tab of the CALL FOR ENTRIES Facebook event page.